Saturday, June 9, 2007

orthopaedic surgery and MBA ?

People are always asking me, An orthopedic surgeon doing an MBA? Why?
Sometimes I am at a loss to explain this decision even to my own self, especially when I come out of the exam room, totally ba ffled as to what the hell was I answering for the last two hours ,like it happened in the statistics paper this Tuesday.

Why?

I mean I
was happily settled with a promising career and a happy family life, why the hell did I get back to this grind of reading again ?

The truth is that I wanted to change over or in the words of an old friend of mine. "I want to do everything in this one life ". So here I am now at ISB Hyderabad, trying to make head or tails of Multiple regression, Interactions and leverage plots and thinking how easy orthopaedics was.

Was it a wise decision? Would I recommend it to another person? The truth is I do not know, it is too early to tell .The one thing that I can tell for sure is that the choice of the Institute was the right one. Whether I get a good job at the end of this one year at ISB or not this one year would be sufficient to change my life for the good forever.

Would I recommend it to someone else?

Answer is it depends , if some level headed guy asks me I would say yes unhesitatingly , but if a guy who was not sure of what he wanted were to ask me I would say no ,again unhesitatingly.

The truth of the matter is that these kinds of decisions are always big gambles, you never know whether they will leave you rich or a pauper. I will only be able to say sometime later in my life whether it worked out or not, till then it is just a shot in the dark.

2 comments:

ANUP DOKANIA said...

hello boss,
anup here.read your blog just now.
wonderful.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.