Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Of weathermen and global economics.

The weather has improved in Hyderabad and has become
quite cool. My Hyderabadi friends tell me that this is the
way it is going to be now. We are well and truly into the
second term and are playing a Marketing game called markstat.
In this all study groups are managing An electronics company
each and are competing in a virtual market.
The first round has just got over and everyone is threatening
to destroy The competition by slashing prices in the next round.
Quite fun but very time consuming. So much so that you long for
the week days to go back to the class and get some rest there.

One of the subjects that we are reading this term is global
economics. The subject is made extremely interesting by a
movie called “ commanding Heights “ which is screened in
class. It deals with the changing world Order in economic
terms ,and is very interesting and instructive . The Prof.
who is taking this course is one of the best I have met and
is equally Remarkable .He makes a really boring subject
very interesting and gives A lot of funny one liners.
I will try and keep a track of them here, today’s Best was :
“If the weathermen predict the economy and the economists
Predict the weather everybody will be better off “.

This is currently my favorite subject as it officially expects
me to read all the current affair magazines that I can and
I can always honestly tell my study group that I am studying.

No comments: